TEAM SELECTION POLICY – JUNIOR GRADES
We believe that junior sport should be safe, enjoyable, inclusive and maximise individual participation. NSESC acknowledges that positive experiences in junior competition will contribute to children developing a lifelong love of sport.
What we will do
- Emphasise to coaches and parents that junior sport is about participation, not competition.
- Modify rules and equipment where possible to include children and young people of all abilities and encourage their participation (if our sport offers modifications).
- Try to match junior players with others of their own ability (e.g. if there are enough players, havetwo teams in an age division).
- Provide junior players with a broad range of experiences (e.g. participating in different positions).
- Provide equal playing time for all juniors, regardless of their ability.
- Consider boys and girls under 12 years of age playing on the same team, particularly if a team could not otherwise be fielded and rules have been modified.
- Ensure that all team members play in the finals.
What we ask you to do
- Focus on promoting participation, not winning and losing.
- Ensure all team members have the chance to play, rotate through positions and receive equal playing time.
- If you coach your own children, treat them like all other team members (e.g. rotations, playing time or participation).
- Help out the coach where possible at training and games.
- Focus on your child’s effort and performance, not the score.
- Encourage your child and other team members.
- Respect the selection decisions of the coach.
|I, _______________________ have read and understood the policy and will abide by it as a member of the North Sunshine Eagles SC.|
If under 18 years of age, parent/guardian:
< Print a hard copy, and be sure to add your name, date and sign. Please hand this document into the NSESC Office, Larissa Reserve, Larissa Rd, St Albans. >